It's me again. Nothing really remarkable happened today (except for the death of Bin Laden). No surprise really as I was in my room all day. College you know. Teacher stuff. It was a sunny day and I hate it when I'm inside and the sun is shining. One of the things I really like is to walk barefoot in the garden. It makes you feel connected to nature in some way. But that wasn't happening today. Bloody work. One of the spare moments I was outside, I was having a coffee. That's when I noticed one of the most common creatures in the world. An earthworm. He was underneath a bush close to the terrace. You see, most of the people don't know how amazing worms actually are. So this is the day I'm having a plea for all the worms out here. First of all, they are one of the only animals in the world that you can cut in half and that can still survive. Second is that they contain the 2 sexes, so called hermaphrodites. And they are one of the most useful animals in the world. They can reform organic materials into compost. An average worm can produce 4, 5 kg of compost a year. Well that's what I call an amazing shit! And last but not least they make little holes in the ground that makes the earth 'breath'. They do more useful things than we will ever do, therefore: Hail to the worm. Oh yes here is the picture of Mr. useful.
| Earthworm |
You have my deep respect buddy. They always remind me of pink little snakes. Some sort of girly edition of the snake. Little Willy was almost gone in the ground when I got back inside. It's a lovely world.
Well, I call it a day.
Love,
Pim
No comments:
Post a Comment