Total Pageviews

5/8/11

Colours of nature

Hello dear reader!

Sorry for the inactivity. I know you are all eager to know what happened in the days I was absent. Maybe I took a plane to Honolulu and had some cocktails or I could be in Zimbabwe having some larvaejuice. Well, actually I was just being a teacher and it went well. Less interesting but not less satisfied as I passed my baptism by fire. Now, dear reader, what I haven't done was posting on this blog for what I feel very sorry. But maybe I can make it up with you. The last days I was able to catch some bugs with my lense. Did I said I? Well actally it's we because my girlfriend phtographed one as well. Now let's start with the little beetle that she found in her room. It's a Phyllobius pomaceus but you have no English name for it. In Dutch it is called: De Groene Bladsnuitkever. It's a common species here. Do notice the nice green shiny colour that he got. He eats leaves, so don't worry, my girlfriend still got her hand. Here are two nice pictures of our little beetle.

Phyllobius pomaceus

Phyllobius pomaceus

Now, saturday I noticed a red dragonfly close to a creek which was very steep. He forced me to hang on to the long grass to take this picture. I felt like I was Indiana Jones, with the difference that people would look at me like I was a loony. But ok, it was worth the shot. It's a Large Red Damselfly. What a lovely name. Latin name: Pyrrhosoma nymphula .


Pyrrhosoma nymphula .

These are the pictures, for now. But! I'm keeping some tadpoles in my room as an experiment. Each week I'm changing the water from the tadpoles with water from the shallow pond in my neighboorhood. Now soon I'll update a waterspecial with a lot of bugs in it. You can't imagine how many different animals can fit in just a bottle with some pondwater. Well, I hope I got your attention for now.


Enjoy the weather (yet again)


Love,

Pim

No comments:

Post a Comment